Agreement Signed to Support Governance and Democratic Participation Programme
The Government of Ethiopia and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) signed a Project Agreement to support Governance and Democratic Participation Programme on 22 February 2017 at a ceremony held at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation (MoFEC).
The main objective of the programme is to support the country’ endeavors towards enhancing institutional capacities and frameworks for strengthening good governance and deepening democratic participation in line with the constitution and International Human Rights Conventions that Ethiopia has ratified and implementing.
For the realization of this programme, UNDP has allocated USD 5 million. It is a five year programme to be implemented from June 1/2007 to December 31/2021, with an estimated budget of USD 40 million.
The programme is aligned to the global agenda of SDG and to the second Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) and as such it responds to the Government’s priorities and expressed commitments to advance reforms.
During the ceremony H. E. Ato Admasu Nebebe, State Minister of MoFEC, stated that the governance and democratic Participation programme that we have just signed officially builds o progress made and lessons learned during the past years in the process of democratization and deepening good governance.
H.E. Ms. Ahunna Eziakonwa, UN Resident Coordinator, UNDP Resident Representative and UN Humanitarian Coordinator, who signed the agreement, said on her behalf that, the Government of Ethiopia has pledged to undertake ‘deep renewal’ in the country’s political and governance systems and increase popular participation and engagement, as well as strengthen systems of accountability and transparency at all levels of government.
- Agreement Signed to Support Governance and Democratic Participation Programme
- World Bank will provide 4.4 billion birr
- የኢትዮጵያን ወጣቶች ተዘዋዋሪ ፈንድን ለማስተዳደር ስምምነት ተደረገ
- Photo from G24 Ministerial Meeting April 2017
- Ethiopia Signed Financing Agreement with the OPEC Fund for International Development
- Ethiopia Signs Three Financing Agreement with the World Bank
- የቡድን 24 ሃገራት የቴክኒክ ባለሞያዎች ጉባዔ ዛሬ በአዲስ አበባ ተጀመረ
- Ethiopia Signs USD 50 million Yen loan agreement
- Ethiopia Signs Grant Agreement with the Netherlands Government
- የመንግስትና የግል ዘርፍ ሽርክና ረቂቅ ፖሊሲና አዋጅ ላይ ውይይት ተደረገ