Ethiopia and Development Partners holding discussion on Basic Service Programs
Ethiopia and Development Partners holding discussions on Basic Service Delivery Program called Enhancing Shared Prosperity through Equitable Service (ESPES).
During the Discussion State Minister of Ministry of Finance Economic Cooperation Admasu Nebebe remarks Ethiopia with support from Development Partners has moved from single Protection Basic Service Program multiple set of basic service delivery and systems strengthening programs such as Promoting Basic Service Program(PBS III) through the joint effort of the government and Development Partners implementing these programs ,Ethiopia has made tremendous progress in promoting equity, build capacity enhance effectiveness, efficiency and institutionalize crucial system for service delivery at decentralized level.
Admasu also said that those programs have made impressive in the area of education, health, agriculture, water and rural roads. Primary school enrollment has significantly increased, child mortality has decreased, and the number of people with access to clean water has increased over the years, although there still needs to make more strong effort towards addressing challenge related to maternal, nutrition, and gender equality noted State Minister.
On behalf of DPS, World Bank country representative on her part said Ethiopia has achieved a remarkable economic progress over the last many years. The economic growth is also accompanied by significance achievement in decentralized basic service provisions in health, education, agriculture, rural road and water and sanitation. These achievements were possible because of improvement in the implementation capacity of the government at federal, regional and local level. In this respect, she congratulate the GoE for building one of the high rated PFM system in Africa.
On behalf of the Basic Service Delivery Group (BSDG) Development Partner, namely the Austrian Development Cooperation, the Africa Development Bank, the UK's Department for Intentional Development, the European Union, the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, and the World Bank.
The discussion has gathered all public finance actors from Federal, Regional and City Administration.
- The office of Public Private Partnership Directorate General announced the Request for Qualification (RFQ) FOR FOUR Solar power photovoltaic (PV) projects
- Ethiopia Sign Loan Agreement with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Ethiopia Signs Framework Arrangement with South Korean Government
- Ethiopia Sign Loan Agreement with the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA).
- Ethiopia signs grant Agreement with European Commission
- Ethiopia and China held Consultative Forum on Various Development Endeavors
- የቴሌኮሚኒኬሽን ዘርፍ የተቀመጠውን የሪፎርም አቅጣጫ ከግብ ለማደረስ የኮሙኒኬሽን አገልግሎት ረቂቅ አዋጅ ጥናት ተጠናቆ ለህዝብ ተወካዮች ምክር ቤት ቀረበ
- Ethiopia Committed to Gender Equality Agenda
- The Ministry of Finance and Stakeholders hold discussion on women’s role, gender equality and women empowerment issues in Addis Ababa Elele Hotel
- የምስራቅ አፍሪካ ቀጠና የኢኮኖሚ ውህደትን ለማፋጠን ኢትዮጵያ በርካታ እርምጃዎችን እየወሰደች ትገኛለች ሲሉ የገንዘብ ሚኒስቴር አቶ አህመድ ሽዴ ተናገሩ፡፡
- Inaguration of Federal Justice & Legal Research & Training Institute
- The State Minister discusses with Japanese Delegates
- የገንዘብና ሚኒስቴር በቀዳሚው የ100 ቀናት ዕቅድ አፈፃፀምና በሁለተኛው ዕቅድ ዙሪያ መከረ
- የመንግስትን ሀብት ውጤታማ በሆነ መንገድ ሥራ ላይ ለማዋል የመንግስት ፋይናንስና ግዥ አስተዳደር ህጎችን ጠንቅቆ መረዳት እንደሚገባ ተገለፀ
- በመንግስት የፋይናንስ አስተዳደርን አስመልክቶ ምክክር ተካሄደ
- ለሕዝብ ተወካዮች ም/ቤት አባላት ስልጠና ተሰጠ
- በመንግስትና በግል አጋርነት የሚሰሩ የፀሐይ ሀይል ማመንጫ ፕሮጀክቶች ይፋ ሆኑ
- ኢትዮጵያና የአፍሪካ ልማት ባንክ ለተቀናጀ የግብርና-ኢንዱስትሪ ፓርኮች ፕሮጀክት ማስፈፀሚያ የሚውል የ15 ሚሊዮን ዶላር ስምምነት ተፈራረሙ
- Ethiopia is committed to support Basic Service delivery and system strengthening programs
- Ethiopia Signed Financing Agreement with the World Bank