Ethiopia Signed Financing Agreement with the World Bank
Today, December 7, 2018, the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia signed a Financing Agreement amounting to USD 100 million (approximately ETB 2.7 billion) in the form of credit with the World Bank at a ceremony held at the Ministry of Finance.
The proceeds from the credit will be used to finance the implementation of the Resilient Landscapes and Livelihoods Project. The main objective of the project is to support Ethiopian government’s efforts in areas of climate resilience, improving land productivity and carbon storage, and increased access to diversified livelihood activities in selected rural watersheds. The program covers Amhara, Tigray, Oromiya, SNNP, Gambela and Benshangul Gumuz National Regional States and intend to further promote effective landscape management activities and increase land productivity. The project is designed to help improve the livelihoods of 645,000 rural households in Ethiopia, predominantly those who are vulnerable to climate variability, recurrent drought and land degradation.
The Project is built to scale up the successes of the Sustainable Land Management Program that was going on for the last 10 years. The project will be co-financed by the Government of Norway.
H.E. Mr. Ahmed Shide, Minister of Finance, and Ms. Carolyn Turk, World Bank Country Director for Ethiopia, signed the agreement.
- The office of Public Private Partnership Directorate General announced the Request for Qualification (RFQ) FOR FOUR Solar power photovoltaic (PV) projects
- Ethiopia Sign Loan Agreement with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Ethiopia Signs Framework Arrangement with South Korean Government
- Ethiopia Sign Loan Agreement with the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA).
- Ethiopia signs grant Agreement with European Commission
- Ethiopia and China held Consultative Forum on Various Development Endeavors
- የቴሌኮሚኒኬሽን ዘርፍ የተቀመጠውን የሪፎርም አቅጣጫ ከግብ ለማደረስ የኮሙኒኬሽን አገልግሎት ረቂቅ አዋጅ ጥናት ተጠናቆ ለህዝብ ተወካዮች ምክር ቤት ቀረበ
- Ethiopia Committed to Gender Equality Agenda
- The Ministry of Finance and Stakeholders hold discussion on women’s role, gender equality and women empowerment issues in Addis Ababa Elele Hotel
- የምስራቅ አፍሪካ ቀጠና የኢኮኖሚ ውህደትን ለማፋጠን ኢትዮጵያ በርካታ እርምጃዎችን እየወሰደች ትገኛለች ሲሉ የገንዘብ ሚኒስቴር አቶ አህመድ ሽዴ ተናገሩ፡፡
- Inaguration of Federal Justice & Legal Research & Training Institute
- The State Minister discusses with Japanese Delegates
- የገንዘብና ሚኒስቴር በቀዳሚው የ100 ቀናት ዕቅድ አፈፃፀምና በሁለተኛው ዕቅድ ዙሪያ መከረ
- የመንግስትን ሀብት ውጤታማ በሆነ መንገድ ሥራ ላይ ለማዋል የመንግስት ፋይናንስና ግዥ አስተዳደር ህጎችን ጠንቅቆ መረዳት እንደሚገባ ተገለፀ
- በመንግስት የፋይናንስ አስተዳደርን አስመልክቶ ምክክር ተካሄደ
- ለሕዝብ ተወካዮች ም/ቤት አባላት ስልጠና ተሰጠ
- በመንግስትና በግል አጋርነት የሚሰሩ የፀሐይ ሀይል ማመንጫ ፕሮጀክቶች ይፋ ሆኑ
- ኢትዮጵያና የአፍሪካ ልማት ባንክ ለተቀናጀ የግብርና-ኢንዱስትሪ ፓርኮች ፕሮጀክት ማስፈፀሚያ የሚውል የ15 ሚሊዮን ዶላር ስምምነት ተፈራረሙ
- Ethiopia is committed to support Basic Service delivery and system strengthening programs
- Ethiopia Signed Financing Agreement with the World Bank